Happy Halloween!

Whose responsible for making me trek 3 miles in the night to see pumpkins?

Judy?
*gasps*
But I don't even know a Judy.
Hahahaha.....
Ah, the end of lush, autumn October is finally upon us.
So what's Halloween without a lil pumpkin carving, eh?
Behind the Dayton Art Institute on Stoddard Avenue in the Grafton Hill District resides a tradition known to many and I must admit last year was the first I've ever heard of the The Stoddard Avenue Pumpkin Glow!
Having had a splendid time, I couldn't wait to go again!
So alas not Judy's fault- it's my own. Heehee!
As I walked along fallen leaves and branches, the smell of cinnamon and pumpkin wafted through my nostrils, letting me know that I'm close to my destination!
Here's just a sampling of the glowing pumpkins with their sweet scented tea light surprises inside! From traditional face carvings to intricately detailed witches, cats, Simpsons, celebs, comic book characters, villains, and Sesame Street puppets!
There's even Steve Jobs, Michael Jackson, and John Lennon tributes as well as a breast cancer awareness ribbon!
Shockingly enough no occupy or 99% mention.
It was absolutely delightful strolling up the hill, trying not to fall on anyone's handiwork. Keeping my clumsiness in check, I was simply amazed at the many pumpkins on display.
Hundreds maybe.
Such a beautiful welcoming sight that reminded me why I enjoy fall so much.
The smell. Nature. Pretty pumpkins.
So magical and perfect.
Nothing quite like this short but memorably favored season.
Admirers pointed out which pumpkin artworks they fancied, especially enthusiastic children cheerfully screaming, "There's Dora! There's Spongebob! There's Batman!"
Great times indeed!
Thank you, Dayton pumpkin artisan participants!
Can't wait to see what's carved out 365 days from now!








































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art News To Muse

Suppport Handmade At Local And Fellow Etsy Shops

A Tale Of Two Libras: A Birthday Card Post To Bestie