A Most Quacked Up Imagination!

Ever since I heard from resident artist Kevin Harris about five dollar Wednesdays and Saturdays at the Dayton Printmaking Coop, I have been super duper excited! It’s an amazing opportunity to use the facility and their materials for so low a price.
It’s a great steal to take advantage of!
Plus, it is an hour’s walk away.
Yes!
Woo hoo!
Now for weeks, I kept wondering what would I make?
What kinds of drawings are worth printing?
Holiday cards are definitely on the way, but I wanted to make other artworks too.
As most of my friends know, I’ve been secretly plotting to squeeze my way into the fashion industry. A few blog posts ago, I shared whimsical fashion dreams- rubber ducky style! Etsy, eBay, Google, JoAnn’s, thrift shops were the places I searched for rubber ducky centric fabrics.
Weeks ago, I found this amazing number for only $1 at the Village!



Yes, $1.
And it was originally $2!
Talk about dated and vintage.
Tote bag? Skirt? A vest?
Who knows what I’ll be making out of it?
There’s plenty to experiment with!
Lastly, coming to a chest near you....
Rob, my awesome older brother and great pals via Twitter have been helping me create witty slogans for an upcoming screen-printing adventure.
You can see them all on Sugarygingersnap's Facebook page- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sugarygingersnap/136626953111613
Starring my beloved rubber ducky, so far I've sketched out an idea in Prismacolor/Sharpie markers and colored pencils for- “Shut The Duck Up!", “Quack Power!”, and “Duck You!”
More to be added later!
Enjoy!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art News To Muse

Suppport Handmade At Local And Fellow Etsy Shops

A Tale Of Two Libras: A Birthday Card Post To Bestie