Debbie Downer

Crit was so damn horrible today.
And I had two of them. One for my Figuration class and one for Advanced Tutorial.
My school definitely loves to stress the academic part of its name. I am not the best rendering artist in the world and my drawing isn't classically correct. It's stylized and expressionistic which I don't like to keep stressing over and over again.
I hate critiques anyways. I don't like to talk about art at all. I'm sorry. I just don't. Heck, from my badly written "art" papers, I can't even comprehend the language of articulating what my work is about. Geeeeesssss!!!!!! I feel so much doubt right now, so in the dumps.
I think I may have to take up painting celebrity portraits again!
I am almost wanting to quit. I hate having to suffer through harshness. Sure, I do get some positive feedback, but it just isn't enough. I feel like my heart is not into this semester at all. I'm not going to be surprised by what grades I'll be receiving at midterms.
I better step up my game or face some bad, bad consequences.
:(

Comments

  1. Oh Janyce...:(

    I'm sorry that your critiques went so badly and wound up disheartening you. I can totally understand how that feels, and how you just want to crawl into a hole and not come out unless someone lures you with...cheese!

    I don't know what to say besides, don't take everything to heart. I know it seems cliche...but it's important for ALL artists to learn which comments actually apply to you and what you're trying to do, and which are simply gratuitous on the part of the person giving the comments. Take from it what you want and ignore the things that just sting, cause those aren't going to encourage or motivate you, just make you feel bad (unless you're the type encouraged by the need to prove others wrong).

    If your life drawing skills are lacking, and it's something you do want to work on (it would also really expand your abilities in art in general!), then there are so many ways to work on that. Life drawing courses, even getting friends to pose for you for a bit. Anatomy and such is probably the most difficult drawing/painting subject because human anatomy is so subtle and full of nuances. It is really tough!

    <3<3 best of luck dear ladyfriend :)

    Jels

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art News To Muse

Suppport Handmade At Local And Fellow Etsy Shops

A Tale Of Two Libras: A Birthday Card Post To Bestie