The Formal AfroVeganChick Blog Introduction

Brown rice topped with carrots, broccoli, tofu, & avocado.
Where are my manners???
My 2nd blog, AfroVeganChick started off as a New Year's Resolution in January.
After being a vegetarian for 14 years, I finally wanted to graduate to the full fledged step veganism which means to exclude all animal related products from diet altogether- milk, cheese, eggs, and honey.
2012 is almost over and the blog is still documenting the challenging journey, but somehow I forgot to add the link and talk further about this newfound kitchen creativity and unlike Sugarygingersnap, it has an About Me page which introduces a very goofy, often updated pictorial bio story of yours truly.
I love creating with words on Microsoft Word and in many journals and experimenting in the artist studio with a variety of mediums and surfaces, but in the kitchen, it's all about using the pantry, the fridge, and freezer in another unique relationship via stove, oven, or without heat.
In these ten months, I've made horribly atrocious food and very wonderful, deliciously addictive food.
Thanks to various vegan blogs, helpful reading material focusing on getting proper nutrients especially finding protein in tasty items such as tofu, tempeh, quinoa, kale, and nuts, and an inspiring documentary called Forks Over Knives, I have enriched my eyes, ears, and tongue, further crafting recipes and engaging in making the kitchen another "studio" space where every meal is an attempt at innovative, yummy masterpieces on a plate. 
I highly doubt that I'll return to dairy.
Veganism sensuously sexy enjoyment- inside and out, is officially the longest running, most dedicated New Year's Resolution ever made and I love every last, appetizing moment.
The below 5 are some of my favorite recipes with the links added, but I admit comforting foods such as macaroni & cheese and various kinds of pizza are also featured on the blog.
I commend Daiya and nutritional yeast for making that possible.

Fried Tofu Strips Over Basmati Rice & Broccoli
Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes
Frozen Chocolate Black Bean Walnut Brownie Sandwiches With Strawberry Banana Icecream Filling
Black Bean Burger With Cauliflower "Cheese" Sauce
Baked Pretzels Topped With Nutritional Yeast & Italian Seasonings
The blog isn't just about cooking, sharing recipes, and product/restaurant reviews, I link inspiring future Hair Ideas, showcase thrifty fashion advice, share homemade beauty product recipes, have little celebrity encounters that bring out the inner crazy fangirl, and reveal the progress of my afro, which sadly enough is still covered territory unless inside the safety of home.
The purpose is to inspire and hope that someone else sees the progress of these "travels," yearning to do the same.
Why does it always take a new year to take a chance?
I'm taking the plunge by being me and not ever looking back...
In the world's most adorable bathroom, about to take off the security blanket. But it's all revealed here & your eyes will never be the same: OMG The Afro!
Is there some kind of art related to all this mumbo jumbo????
Why yes! Of course! A vegan bespeckled lady holding a bowl of salad with a yellow rubber ducky in her afro.

EAT YOUR GREENS!!! :D





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art News To Muse

Suppport Handmade At Local And Fellow Etsy Shops

A Tale Of Two Libras: A Birthday Card Post To Bestie