It was such an honor to be cordially invited to attend the 19th Annual Reaching For Ethnic Awareness and Cultural Heritage Across Dayton (REACH) Conference at Sinclair Community College on Friday February 24, 2012 and to see friends- Willis "Bing" Davis, Betty Bolton, Leesa Haapapuro, James Pate, Kevin Harris, and others in one room while simultaneously meeting new people! A collaboration between Sinclair Community College, Ebonia Gallery, and the Dayton Visual Arts Center (DVAC), REACH is a day long event promoting "learning in the arts and humanities by creating an atmosphere that will build respect, knowledge, appreciation, and understanding for the area's culturally diverse populations." From 8AM to 4PM, this post entails eight hours of rich, implanted seeds that'll likely bear fruit to share..... Beautiful display right? After a lovely continental breakfast to fuel the body, REACH's proceedings got started by co-coordinators Tess ...
He aggravated me in the mornings whistling for outdoor freedom. Awaiting the tiniest bit of scrappy crumbs, he impolitely stared hard as I ate anything. Even foods that wouldn't interest him like chocolate, fruits, and vegetables. Only once had I seen him ever consume an orange carrot. He strangely howled along with the ambulance trucks, gnawed nosily at the fleas on his back and tail, and at times he barked for no reason at all. But he was a very good buddy. The friendliest, most sweetest, most lovable pal anyone could ask for, especially from a woman who feared dogs her entire life. When I first met Meano, a huge, gorgeous, mixed breed dog, six years ago, I pleaded for him to be put outside every time I came over. Gradually, after a few hesitant pets on the head and the occasional lap humping that male dogs love to do, we became good friends. In the vast, opened backyard where the big protector roamed free with lively, exuberant energy, I would watch him growl and chase strangers...
Party Time!!!!!! In celebration of completing the first week of school and moving in a lot of my art supplies and drawers into the studio, it's time to pantry shop for sugary inspiration. Well, the healthy sugar inspiration. The ones that don't feature corn syrup. It still isn't good to pop them in your mouth like a crazy binger! Moderation is the key here. (But it's so darn tough!) That would be all kinds of nuts. But I burns my calories by painting and staring at all kinds of cool art on the Net. The Sweet Side of the Studio Pantry 1. My new sweet thang. Yummy!!!! Eat it on top of toasted blueberry waffles, on cinnamon sprinkled apple slices or as frosting for cake. Really good out of the jar though!!!! Have to have one at home and the studio. It's so good. Perfect gift for chocoholics!!!!! Tastes so luxurious and rich that your buds are thinking that you've died and went to chocolate induced heaven! 2. These are just divine!!!!! I know they may be animal cr...
Comments
Post a Comment